My latest Sherlock Holmes short story Miss Violet Dixon (deceased)

My latest Sherlock Holmes short story Miss Violet Dixon (deceased)
The front cover created with Gimp with help from Aubrey Watt on You Tube.

Friday 21 December 2012

Weather patterns are strange things, coming from the UK I am used to a 'good mix' of weathers but here in Brittany it's a land of very sharp contrasts. Today started out quite sunny but now is almost wall to wall grey with the odd fluffy cloud. The weather here can change within a few minutes going from horrendous sideways rain to brilliant sunshine. Not only that, across the other side of our small town you can have the opposite of your weather! Must still be pretty breezy and rough out at sea as the field next to our house is covered in Seagulls.

We live about 5 miles from the sea in an area rich in agriculture. When it's time for ploughing, the gulls have a good time following the tractor, picking out the worms from the newly made furrows. Living here has taught me some things about the Breton countryside I didn't know. I had never seen artichokes growing in a field and indeed, I had never tasted one and didn't know the technique to eating one either! The beautiful Breton horses used for ploughing are a contrast to the Shire horses I am used to in the UK. They are hugely powerful and our town has a day when these magnificent beasts are paraded through the streets...followed by a parade of ancient tractors, some still in use!


Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment